Modular & Complete Field Show Design for bands of all sizes!
Take the field, ready for success!
Top Box sets your band up for visual success by pairing thoughtful and teachable drill design with the exciting and playable music offered by JW Pepper. We have hand-picked the best music written for the field and crafted a drill that is easy and fun to learn and perform.
Whether your band’s focus is Friday night lights or the competition arena, a well-planned program is a key tool in stepping off to an incredible and rewarding marching band season– for the director and, more importantly, the student performers. Available Selections include drill for both Modular and Complete Show designs.
Big, Small or In-Between; The Top Box system enables you to create a unique show that sets your band in motion! Each drill (Modular or Complete Show) is carefully designed with forms that facilitate adding or deleting performers from the ends of line segments creating a custom product for bands of every size.
Top Box Modular Drill — over a thousand possible combinations for your show!
Here’s how it works.
By designing a pre-determined ending set the director can pick any of the select Openers. Each select Production Number steps off from that same ending set. Next, choose a select Closer designed to step off from the same set that ends both the Opener and the Production Number. The final set of the Closer is unique to each drill as is the first set of the Opener.
This modular design offers more control over the length of the half-time show and allows flexibility to change any portion of the show at any point in the season.
The final product.
Your Drill Design is delivered along with Complete Instructions and Student Coordinate Sheets in digital file format (.pdf) accompanied by a link to a computer-animated video of the drill. An editable Pyware data file is available as an add-on option for use with Pyware software should a director prefer to make changes and rewrites.
Would you prefer a product written for your band’s exact numbers?
We can do that for you! Contact Top Box for custom sizing services.
How to order.
- Enter “Top Box Drill” in the search field of the J.W. Pepper website. OR Look for the “Marching Band Drill Design” product option listed with select Openers, Production Numbers, Closers and Complete Shows.
- Start by choosing a Small, Medium, Large or Pyware Data File version of the Drill Design for your preferred titles:
- Small: 32 Winds | 9 Percussion (3 snare, 2 tenor, 4 bass) | 12 or 16 Guard
- Medium: 64 Winds | 15 Percussion (5 snare, 3 tenor, 5 bass, 2 cymbal) | 16 or 24 Guard
- Large: 128 Winds | 21 Percussion (8 snare, 4 tenor, 5 bass, 4 cymbal) | 32 or 44 Guard
- Choose any combination of Opener, Production Number and Closer. Every Opener will flow into any Production Number or straight into the Closer. The Top Box modular system offers over a thousand possible combinations!
Not feeling modular? Choose a complete show!
Select from a variety of Complete Shows — stand alone, conceptual drill designed to be used with JW Pepper’s musical offerings – and to set your program up to take the field, ready for success!